Buildings and Contents Insurance with 5 Star Rating from Defaqto
We are constantly asked how long it takes to arrange finance and buy a house. The answer to this question will of course depend to a degree on your circumstances, and how busy the lenders are.
One area that you can control is the timely arrangement of your buildings insurance which is compulsory for a mortgage to be advanced. Often, this gets left to the last minute and can lead to disappointment. So if you are looking to buy a property then you should also be starting off the insurance process simultaneously.
Insurance is not an easy subject to appraise, the last thing you want is a worthless policy that does not pay out when you need it. That’s where we come in and can do the research for you.
At Niche we offer products from a range of insurers but have found one particular 5 Star rated policy that is so good, our director has personally taken it out!
The cover has the following key features:
- £1 million buildings cover if you need to rebuild your home as standard.
- £60,000 contents cover as standard.
- Covers the trace the source of a leak and make good any damage caused.
- New for old cover on all replaced contents.
- One year guarantee on home repairs carried out by insurer-appointed builders.
- No cancellation or adjustment fees.
- Experienced claims service with UK-based staff.
- 5 star defaqto rating.
- Tailor your cover by adding optional extras, e.g. accidental damage & cover away from the home.
How does the product compare?
* Source: Defaqto Matrix, data effective as of 16th February 2015 © Defaqto Limited 2015
* Based on minimum Sum Insured provided
Who are Defaqto?
Defaqto is a leading UK independent financial research company. They independently rate over 500 buildings and contents insurance products.
Their Star Ratings range from one to five Stars. Their Star Ratings are designed to help customers identify where a product or policy sits in the market in terms of the features and benefits it offers and the range of options available.
When you buy a financial product with a 5 Star Rating, you can trust it to have the widest range of benefits on the market.
Author: Payam Azadi
Payam Azadi is a partner at Niche Advice who are whole of the market Independent Finance Brokers In London. His role is very much focused on Property financing both on residential and commercial lines.
You can call Payam on 020 7993 2044 or alternatively complete the enquiry form so he can personally get in touch with you.
Niche Advice is not tied to any bank, building society, estate agent or insurer and offers Independent Mortgage and Insurance advice.