You need a Energy Performance Certificates (EPC) of E and above for all Buy to Let & Let to Buy Properties.
We have partnered with Go to surveys to enable clients to efficiently instruct Energy Performance Certificates (EPC) surveys and floor plans in a cost-effective and streamlined way. Simply complete the form below and a member of Go to Survey team will contact you to explain the process and take payment.
The prices below are for guidance only. For an accurate quotation, please complete the enquiry form.
|Residential / Buy to Let EPC||£99.60|
|Residential / Buy to Let Floorplan||£75.00|
|Residential / Buy to Let EPC and Floorplan||£90.00|
- An EPC is valid for 10 years and can be reused as many times as required within that period.
- The regulations require an EPC to be commissioned, if there is no valid EPC for that building, before a building is put on the market.
- Before marketing a building for sale or rent a person acting on behalf of the seller or landlord (for example, the estate or letting agent) must be satisfied that an EPC has been commissioned for that building.
- An EPC must be produced by an accredited energy assessor who is a member of a government-approved accreditation scheme. All advertisements in the commercial media must clearly show the energy rating of the building (where this is available).
- The regulations require an EPC to be given free of charge to the person who becomes the buyer or tenant of the building.
- An EPC shows the energy efficiency rating on an A–G rating scale for a building The EPC includes recommendations on how to improve energy efficiency.
- The EPC may also include information showing which of the recommendations would be eligible for finance under the Green Deal scheme if they were carried out (for more details on Green Deal see https://www.gov.uk/green-deal-energy-savingmeasures ).
- You will also require a valid EPC if you’re looking to turn your existing residential property into an investment property
- To check if the property has a current EPC you can visit https://www.gov.uk/find-energy-certificate