Let your existing property to buy another with the help of a Let to Buy Mortgage.
If you want to buy a property to live in but prefer to let your existing one rather than sell it you are reading the right article about Rent and Buy Mortgage products. Selecting a Mortgage Lender for the property to be rented out is not as easy as you’d think. This would now technically be known as a ‘consumer buy to let’ and now all Mortgage Lenders offer products in this area.
Your product choice for a rent and buy (let to buy) will be further determined by the following key points:
- Mortgage Lenders may have a minimum age of 25 years.
- Mortgage Lender may insist on prior letting experience. Either on the property in question, in which case you will need to be renting yourself before the onward purchase; or via another buy to let in the background.
- Onward purchase. Mortgage Lenders will want various degrees of information about the mortgage onward purchase, here are some of the things they could ask:- Address of the property
– Loan to value
– Amount of borrowing i.e. balance and monthly cost
– A full Mortgage Offer
– Confirmation that their Mortgage completing at the same time
Such restrictions could end up tying you unwanted into a transaction and timeframe.
Let to Buy Mortgage Product
To find a rent and buy mortgage that suits you, why not contact Niche Advice by completing the web form or calling T: 020 7993 2044? With no upfront charges we could be the perfect partner for you.
Author: Payam Azadi
Payam Azadi is a partner at Niche Advice who are whole of the market Independent Mortgage Brokers. His role is very much focused on Property financing both on residential and commercial lines.