Writing your Will is easy to put off and every day that goes by may add to your risk. Illnesses or accidents can affect everyone including the young.
Every adult should have a Will written it does however become even more important if you fall into one of the following categories:
- If you are a homeowner or own buy to let property
- If you run your own business there could potentially be a family dispute over your legacy.
- You do not want to pay more tax than you have to.
- If you have re-married or are unmarried in a long term relationship.
- You have children from a previous relationship or outside of wedlock.
- You wish to preserve life by donating a vital organ.
- You would prefer to designate Guardians for your children rather than let Social Services decide.
- You have assets abroad.
- You want jewellery, memorabilia or war decorations to be kept in the family rather than given away or sold.
- You want to specify your funeral wishes.
There are also many unobvious advantages of having your Will written, here are some examples below:
- Otherwise the State will decide your beneficiaries.
- Will Trusts may preserve State benefits for vulnerable beneficiaries.
- Give clarity on your intentions to loved ones at the emotional time of your death.
- Bank accounts may be frozen until probate is concluded.
- Exclude a person from inheriting.
- You can provide a framework for the continuation of your business.
HOW DO YOU DRAFT A WILL
Niche Advice is a Mortgage Broker and always recommends writing a Will for Mortgaged Property. We have teamed up with a number of professional Will Writing Firms nationwide who are Members of the Society of Will Writers or other reputable trade bodies to offer will writing and estate planning services.
If you would like us to put you in touch with the National firm we use please click on the below enquiry form.